Sunday, October 23, 2011

My baby is ONE!!!!

Happy birthday Carson Boy!!!!


On October 16th my baby turned one year old!! He had a great day! Rob and I kept saying "Happy birthday!!!" And Carson would reach his arms up in the air and laugh and clap. To celebrate we had my mom, my 2 brothers and B and J and their kids come over for cake and presents. At first Car wasn't too sure about the cake but eventually he dug in. I'm pretty sure more of it ended up on his face and hands rather in his mouth though ;) Car got a ton of new toys and he is in heaven with so many new things to play with! Thank you to everyone that wished him happy birthday!! 


Here are some of his latest....


-He still loves pretty much anything to eat. He does not care too much for fruit though. He loves his veggies.
-He isn't walking yet but that's okay! 
-Still no stranger danger for this kid. He loves anyone! 
-He doesn't prefer one parent over the other except in the morning. He would rather I get him up and hold him for a few minutes. It doesn't take long for him to warm up to dada though! :)
-He has discovered that he can take of his pants. He only does it when he is supposed to be napping.
-He is hilarious! He is always cracking us, and himself up!
-He is pretty much always happy. 
-When I go to the bathroom he sticks his chubby fingers under the door. Make me laugh out loud every time!
-He LOVES bath time! We have to spell bath because if he hears us say it he starts heading for the bathroom.
-He repeats pretty much everything we tell him to say!
-He is never quiet. That boy has so much to say all the time. I love it!
-He has done amazing without having bottles anymore. I was worried about it but he doesn't miss them.
-He is FINALLY sleeping through the night! We're talking 12 hours straight! It's wonderful, even though I miss giving him midnight snuggles. (I may or may not tip toe into his room while he is asleep, pick him up and rock him for a few minutes)
-He is getting molars on the bottom and it's so painful. The poor boy is such a slow teether. His teeth take forever to come in. 
-One of his favorite things to do right now is take things out. Example, he'll take all the toys out of  the bins, clothes out of a drawer, blankets/binkys out of his crib, pots and pans out of the cupboard. 
-He is also really into banging things together to make noise. 


Carson is SUCH a joy and light in our lives. This last year has been so incredible. It went by way to fast but we have loved every minute of it! It is so bitter-sweet that his is one!! I look forward to watching him continue to learn and grow this next year! 
WE LOVE YOU CAR MAN!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment