Monday, January 11, 2010

Dental Anxiety....

Ok so I have horrible teeth. Blame it on bad enamel, family with bad teeth or just a horrible lack of flossing my whole life. Anyway, just before thanksgiving I had a back molar break. Just a tiny bit. We went down to Phoenix to spend Thanksgiving with Rob's family and had a blast except for, that's when the pain started. I managed it with Tylenol and not chewing on that side. That seemed to help. Well once we got home, the pain just got worse and worse and worse. I was having to take 4 rapid release Tylenol every 4 hours. It was the only thing that would take the pain somewhat away. (ya my liver is probably hating me now) Long story short, after about a month of HORRIBLE pain, night with no sleep, meltdowns, and lots of Tylenol we we're able to get approves for "Care Credit." It's like a dental credit card. Being a newly married couple without dental insurance it was our only option. My amazing mother was able to find a dentist that would see me that day. After two hours in the chair, an infection so bad that I couldn't get all the way numb and 3 removed nerves, I am very happy to say that I am PAIN FREE!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Reading this seriously made my teeth hurt. Yep - gotta blame the genes! (And the flossing too!!! lol!)

    So happy to hear that everything is NOW okay! The thing with tooth pain is that it's RIGHT THERE in your head so it's hard to focus on anything else.

    ReplyDelete