Wednesday, December 14, 2011

February 18, 2008

That was the day that changed my life. For the better of course. It all started with a knock on the door....
I had just got home from working 7 hours by myself at the preschool I was teaching at. I was starving so I stopped at Micky D's before I went home. I was sitting at the kitchen table, stuffing my face when that knock came. Did I answer the door? No way. I was busy eating. Mom answered it. All of the sudden, I see two missionaries walking down the hallway. The first one I see is crazy tall. Like almost 7 feet and not very cute. The other one I see is absolutely stunning. Can I use that word to describe a man? Anyway, he is so hot and I have a hard time not staring at him. I quickly stand up to meet them, hoping the cute one didn't see me inhaling my artery clogging meal. The first one introduces himself. When the other one introduces himself and shakes my hand I am immediately overcome with such a strong, spiritual feeling. I knew that this was going to be the man I was going to marry. 
 At this point in my life I had been really hurt by men. Men I had dated and also my own father. I remember crying and praying asking Heavenly Father why I had to go through those things and telling him I was afraid it was just going to happen again and that I didn't think I could ever trust again. The feeling I got from that prayer was, "It's all going to be okay, Mandy. Don't worry."  It wasn't long after that I met my future husband. 
 After the missionaries left and I said to my mom "I love him." I remember thinking, what now? What and I supposed to do with this? He is a MISSIONARY! I can't have feelings for a missionary! He is totally off limits for 2 years! 


...Stay tuned for more of the story....



No comments:

Post a Comment