Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happenings lately

We got our Christmas tree. One thing I love about living in Washington is all the u-cut tree farms they have. It is such a fun family tradition. And the smell of fresh cut tree filling the house? Delicious! Carson has been pretty good about not touching it too. He'll go sit in front of it and say, "No no no!" We only have ornaments on the top half to keep him less tempted. I put the left over ornaments in some clear vases and have those sitting on our kitchen table. It looks really cute and festive!  I just love Christmas time. The lights, the smells, the magical feeling of the season, the music, being secretive about gifts, the nutcracker, cuddling up with only the Christmas tree lights on, sipping hot chocolate, giving, remembering Christ and getting chills every time you think of the true meaning of CHRISTmas.



In other news, we're getting a house!! We got the call yesterday that our offer was accepted. This process has taught Rob and I so much. Mainly patience and faith. It gets hard waiting and waiting to hear back and it could be really easy to just give up and think negatively but with faith everything will work out. I am so grateful to have a husband that has the same wants in life as me. As we were out looking for houses our Realtor told us that we are really compatible.  We have the same likes and wants. I think we make a pretty good team too :) We are beyond excited to have our own house. We are so looking forward to making memories there and growing our family. I have visions of Rob and I sitting on a swing on our back deck watching our children playing in the yard, picking up sticks and finding bugs, visions of them waking us up on Christmas morning and   Rob and I making them go potty before they can go see if Santa came. I picture Carson trying to climb up the shelves in the storage room. I can't wait to watch my manly man build shelves for our garage, wearing a tool belt. Yum ;) We are just so grateful. Heavenly Father knows us and he most definitely hears ours prayers.



1 comment:

  1. We are VERY excited for you guys!! Cannot wait to see what your house looks like.. you'll have to do a tour on your blog or maybe via skype so we can see what it looks like! Thats very exciting. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete