Friday, December 30, 2011

I was completely and utterly in love. It's funny because most people, in most situations fall in love after they start dating. Not us. We obviously couldn't date. We couldn't talk on the phone, we couldn't be alone, we couldn't touch. The only time I really saw him or talked to him was at church or when we had them over for dinner and a spiritual thought. Still, I could see how amazing he was. Everything about him just amazed me. His testimony, his love for the gospel, the love for his family, his interests, his voice, his eyes, everything. The most amazing thing was how strong the spirit was when he was around. Things were constantly confirming that he was the one for me and that I just had to be patient.
 I struggled  with this. Not because I was impatient, but because I honestly didn't believe that some one as incredible and him could every have feelings for me. Little did I know, he was having the same feelings too. He obviously could not act upon those feelings. He is so honest. My missionary went to his mission president and told him that he need to be moved to another area because he was in love with a girl in his ward. His mission president was very understanding and loving and he transferred him 2 weeks later. I was so happy that he did the right thing. The last thing I wanted was for him to get in trouble, especially since we didn't even do anything bad. We developed feelings in the most innocent way. We were both praying about it every night and we were both receiving the same answer. "Everything will work out but you need to finish your mission/school." I was devastated when he moved areas. I would miss seeing him walking around town with his companion, miss hearing him bear his testimony in church, miss how awesome he was with my little brother and really really miss how strongly I felt the spirit around him. The spirit that would tell me that this man was going to be my husband.


I new he was the one for me and I knew that I would wait for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment