Sunday, May 15, 2011

This annoyed me

Awhile ago, as in a few months ago, someone asked me how Carson was sleeping at night. I excitedly told her that he is a great sleeper! He has pretty much always slept through the night. Even as a new born. You know what she said to that......

 "Oh you haven't experienced real motherhood then."


Are.You.Kidding.Me?

So are you saying that nursing, pumping, changing countless diapers during the day, making bottles, feeding, playing with, holding, rocking, burping, cleaning up spit up, bathing, nail clipping, taking to the doctor, singing songs, being silly, comforting when teething, cheering up when fussy, and loving my baby unconditionally isn't real motherhood?

Not to mention, all the laundry and cleaning that also goes on. Oh, and the postpartum depression and stretch marks.

Sorry for the rant but it really irritated me. I'm done now :)

2 comments:

  1. Amen Mandy. Seriously. So, I was blessed to have 2 babies that always slept really well. Jereth was harder as a 5 year old than a newborn ;) Just because we weren't total sleep deprived new mommies does not mean that we don't know and understand the true value of motherhood....we are just super lucky :)

    I would have been annoyed too!

    ReplyDelete