Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2 years

Rob and I celebrated 2 years of marriage over the weekend!! Our official anniversary was the 29th but we went out on the 28th. We went to dinner at Zaks which was delicious as always and then we went to the driving range. I know that might sound like a weird way to celebrate and anniversary but we really enjoy going together. The one we went to is really cool. It is 2 stories! So we went to the second story because it made us feel like we were hitting the balls further. (When I say 'we' I really mean me ;) ) We seriously have a blast and laugh the whole time. After the driving range we went to the store and picked up some desert (cream cheese cinnamon rolls) and Martinellies. Oh and some baby food :) We picked up Carson from my moms, went home, put Car to bed and enjoyed our yummy cinni rolls and sipped our cider. It was a beautiful evening.

These last 2 years have been pretty crazy. The first year was hard. We has some seriously tough and scary times. Today I am happy to say that with the help of counseling, a lot of patience and love and willingness to better ourselves, Rob and I are more in love today then we ever thought possible. Our love is so deep and I know that as the years go by it will just grow deeper and deeper. I am so grateful to be married. I was watching a reality TV show the other night and the girls were talking about how they hate being single and wish they were married. I understand why they want to be married. Because it is amazing!!! I am so grateful to my Rob for all that he does for me and Carson. He makes me so happy everyday. Thinking about how much I love him is making me tear up.

Here are some of the things that went on in our 2nd year of marriage.....

Moved to a new apartment. 2 bedroom because we had a baby on the way!!
Went to lots of doctors appointments to check on baby
Went to Phoenix for Rob's little brothers wedding in August.
I officially became a stay at home wife and mom to be
WELCOMED OUR SWEET BOY INTO THE WORLD
Adjusted to being parents
Learned just how amazing it is to hold your own child. The child that we made.
Got 2 new cars
Went to Phoenix again. This time for a funeral
Celebrated our 2nd Christmas together; first one with a baby
Learned that no matter what, we love each other and we know we are meant to be together. We now know just how strong we are. With, prayer, faith and a lot of love we can get through anything.

I love you so much my Rob. I look forward to many more years with you, many more adventures and lots more babies!!!

1 comment: