Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm trying

Lately, this primary song has been playing in my head. You can listen to it here.


1. I’m trying to be like Jesus;

I’m following in his ways.

I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.

At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,

But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,





2. I’m trying to love my neighbor;

I’m learning to serve my friends.

I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.

I try to remember the lessons he taught.

Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:





Chorus

“Love one another as Jesus loves you.

Try to show kindness in all that you do.

Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,

For these are the things Jesus taught.”







This is how I need to live. I have really been trying to make a conscience effort to be more Christ-like. It started with a dream. I had a dream that someone in my family died. It was really sad. This person has not always made the best choices and has caused some serious pain in our family. It had caused me to have horrible dreams, lose a lot of trust and carry a lot of hurt and anger around with me. This family member has apologized to me but I don't think I ever truly forgave that person. After that dream I had I decided that it is time to let go of the pain and hurt and truly forgive. I can't even explain how much better and happier I feel inside. This person is trying to live a good life and make better choices and I need to respect that. I'll be honest, at first I was a little skeptical. I didn't truly believe that this person was really as genuine as they said they were. I grew up seeing this person not go to church much, not read scriptures with our family and just not really honor his priesthood. But who am I to judge this persons worthiness or testimony? Who am I to decide if it is real or fake? It is my job to give this person the benefit of the doubt and see the good and positive things.



Another reason for not fully forgiving was the fear of being hurt again. This person and I have had our bad times. I have come to realize that if I do get hurt again, then it is on that person's shoulders. Not mine. That person will be the one accountable. We will all be judged one day and accountable for our actions while here on earth. It is up to me to be loving and supportive of the good and positive things.




I feel like this post is kind of all over the place. I a nutshell, I am trying to be like Jesus. Living this way has brought much inner peace. Now, I am not perfect. No where near it but I can try my best to not judge. It's not my place and it would only cause pain to myself and others.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mandy - you're a beautiful soul and I appreciate your maturity. There's something for all of us who read this to learn or remember. I try not to judge either - it's hard sometimes when it's something that comes so easy or natural to me so I have to remember to reverse it: I don't want someone to judge me either. Of course, then there's the not-knowing-the-whole-situation either. So yeah, I'm not perfect either but try to not judge or recognize when I do and put a stop to it. So thanks for sharing your thoughts - it reminds me we're all human and we all need love.

    ReplyDelete