Friday, August 5, 2011

Body image, selfish and grateful

Lately I have been having some issues with my body. I've been hating it ever since I had Carson. I am back down to my prebaby size but it just looks different. I have looked in the mirror and cried at what I see. I step on the scale and get upset because it says 121.4. I don't even know why I have these thoughts. I have never struggled with body issues before.

  How can I have these thoughts? How selfish I am!! I have been praying for comfort and help to overcome these feelings I have about myself. You know what I have realized? I have a husband who thinks I am the most beautiful, sexy and perfect woman. He gets really upset with me when I complain about my body. It hurts him because he finds me so beautiful.


  I am so thankful for my body. I can walk, run (although I'd rather not) jump, skip, leap. I can hold my baby in my arms. I can wrap my arms around my husband. I can hold his hand. I can kiss him and my son. I can bear children. I can dance. Oh how I love to dance. There are so many things that my body can do that other peoples bodies can't. How amazing is that?! How is it okay for me to hate a body that is capable of doing so many wonderful things?
 
 I still struggle but I am going to try and love my body. How could I not? It's healthy and capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment