Monday, April 2, 2012

Happiness

Remember this post? I was so afraid to get off my happy pills. Well, right around Christmas time I started lowering my dose. (It had been about a year that I had been on them) Within a few weeks I was completely off of them and let me tell you, I feel great! I did have a few outburst in the first few days but that didn't last long. I actually think that the pills numbed me a little. For example, I watch shows like 'A Baby Story' and 'One Born Every Minute' all the time. Before I loved when the babies were born but now when I watch those shows I cry happy tears when the babies are born. It is just such a sweet moment and I can't help but cry. I think the pills sort of blocked out any kind of extreme emotion be it happy or sad. I'm so much more of a sap these days but that is totally fine with me. I feel so blessed that it was an easy transition and I really do feel great. I'm sure I will have my moments when I feel the depression creeping back in but for now, I am happy and life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the happiness coming out through your posts here and on fb! Depression sucks. I'm off meds too and have been for over a year. The thing is, for me, I have to be careful and not get complacent about fighting against it. It sneaks up on me ever so slowly that I'll have a scary/sad day that takes a LOT to recover from. Thankfully, my husband also recognizes the signs of me slipping and is helping me circumvent the yuckiness of getting too far gone into the depression. Another thing - is having specific tools to help. I.E. exercise, eating fresh foods, SUNSHINE. :)

    ReplyDelete